Saturday 8 March 2014

6 sleeps to go


It's starting to get serious now. The suitcases are out (and measured to see that they will fit in the car). That's as far as I've got though. 

I have a list of jobs a mile long and have started ticking those off - and that leads to creating another list. I'm sure it will all get done in time to catch the train to Melbourne on Thursday at lunchtime. We will stay with Claire on Thursday night and go out to dinner for Rob's birthday, which is Wednesday. Our flight is at 3pm on Friday.

We seem to have a lot of paperwork to carry with us - road atlases, car gps manual, Lonely Planet guide, phrasebooks, etc,etc. 



This next week will fly, with a trip to Melbourne Tuesday for a couple of appointments and a lunch, then only really Wednesday at home to finish all the packing and organising of the house. 

Stay tuned - my next post could see us at our first stop.

4 comments:

  1. After all you have been through (learning to blog) you will need the holiday ;-)

    It's been hectic time for both of you - I'm sure you make the best of this break. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels Pam and Rob. Hope our travel atlas and Garmen come in handy for you on the road. Happy Birthday Rob. Enjoy your holiday, you certainly need it.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a marvellous holiday. I am sure you will have some great adventures and I will look forward to following your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have procrastinated long enough - I've started packing. :(

    ReplyDelete